The ProClamp is made from medical grade 301 Half-Hardness Stainless Steel. The ProClamp is single use only. It serves 3 primary purposes in total knee arthroplasty:
- Protects patella: The ProClamp safely protects the resected patella by using spring force and a sturdy spike on the inside to prevent the ProClamp from moving or sliding off the resected patella.
- MIS Friendly: The ProClamp has a low-profile design that allows for easy use of MIS instrumentation.
- Retracting patella: Retracting the patella is a challenging aspect of total knee replacement. The ProClamp when used with the ProRetract retractor serves as a novel retractor that allows for the surgeon to effectively “joystick” the patella. This accomplishes three primary goals:
- Visualization: Improves ability to work in the lateral aspect of the knee.
- Quad tendon: Reduces constant need for bulky retractors to be placed on the outside of the lateral tibial plateau, which can help minimize disruption of the quad tendon.
- Patellar ligament: Helps with the ability to prevent peeling or avulsing of the ligament from the tibial tubercle.